Friday, November 4, 2011

Another reason I am better than Kim Kardashian

6 years ago, my husband and I danced to “At Last” by Etta James at our wedding reception. We said our “I dos” in a church in front of close family and friends. My hard-working groom spent the entire summer prior to our engagement saving for my engagement ring. We have not made approximately $250,000 each day we have been married, but real commitment does not have a price tag. E! TV was not taping our wedding ceremony as though we were the royal family. Our wedding cost as much as Kim Kardashian’s cake. We did not have a TV special or an 18 million dollar pay-out. I guess Ryan Seacrest’s invite was lost in the mail. Oh, well. At least we have been married for more than 72 days. A Kardashian wedding; millions. Seacrest's gift; thousands. An actual marriage that lasts due to vows taken seriously in front of family and friends; priceless. If the cost of a wedding is any indication of how long a couple is going to be married, my husband is stuck with me for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment